Thursday, July 26, 2018

New Teepees

Hi you all!
I wasn't that happy with the teepees I made before and with the fact that they were hard to build as hell with this f*#~/ing paper soaked in wood glue and the stupid poles made of wire :P

¡Buenas!
No estaba muy contento con los tipis que había hecho y me fastidiaba que fueran tan difíciles de montar, con el maldito papel empapado en cola blanca y los alambres impegables esos...

Then I discovered another way to construct them thanks to the talented Duhamel of LAF: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108141.msg1351150#msg1351150

Entonces descubrí otra forma de construirlos gracias a Duhamel, de LAF: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108141.msg1351150#msg1351150

Several things made all easier: poles are wood and not metal and some of them are glued to the "canvas" before the whole thing is build. Moreover I then though I'd rather use thin cardboard than paper so it'd be sturdier and easier to handle...and this are the results:

De esta forma es más fácil porque los palos son de madera y se pegan mejor, aparte de que se pegan a la "tela" antes de montarlo todo. Aparte se me ocurrió usar cartulina en vez de papel porque es más resistente y se maneja mejor...Así es como quedó:






I'm pleased that I built 5 teepees in the time it took me build one with my method...So, DON'T you use my method.

Me gusta haber tardado en construir 5 tipis lo mismo que tardé en hacer uno con mi método. Moraleja: no uséis mi método.






*********************************************************************************
Me gustaría dedicar esta entrada a mi abuelo, que falleció ayer. No sé si es el medio adecuado para hacer esto, pero en este caso me parecía correcto. Fue la primera persona que me enseñó a construir cosas con las manos y siempre fue una inspiración para mí en estas artes. Le admiraba mucho.
Te veo en el otro lado :*


I'd like to dedicate this entry to my grandpa, who sadly passed away yesterday. I don't know if this is an adecuate medium but it just feels right: he was the person who first showed me how to craft things and was a constant inspiration for me. See you on the other side :*

No comments:

Post a Comment